Wednesday, May 8, 2013

moving on up; moving on out.

Today, I thought back on the day I got dropped off at my dorm. I was going through sorority recruitment, so I as well as the other rushees moved in a week before the rest of the freshman class. I remember unpacking my room, being my perfectionistic self and not settling down until each item had its home. I remember hugging my family goodbye and being so excited for the life that I was going to make for myself. And I made quite a life.

Over the course of my four years of college, I learned so many things both about academics and life lessons. For one, I figured out the true difference between an extrovert and an introvert and that I am the latter (contrary to popular belief). I realized how deep my perfectionism runs. I learned what true love is like, and I was able to keep that love in my life to this day. I experienced loving something more than I could ever love myself. I was taught, sometimes the hard way, about the differences between people and how to handle them accordingly. Most importantly, I forged my own path. I was able to figure out my true self.

My college is my home. A piece of my heart will always be here because it is the first place where I felt undeniably safe and confidently myself.

I am sobered by the thought of leaving my home this Friday. I have experienced four beautiful, amazing years in this town. But I will never really leave. Home is where the heart is. My heart is here.


Best,
Sarah


follow proper in pearls.

No comments:

Post a Comment