Thursday, February 7, 2013

"changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes."

Spring Break has been on me and Boy's minds for what seems like forever. This year is our senior year of college, and we really wanted a spring break to remember. The only other spring break trip we have been on is the one on which we met, so spring break holds a bit of sentimental value for  us me. 

My first idea about a year ago was Disney World. This, to me, seemed like the best possible way to spend your spring break. Boy wasn't so keen on the idea seeing as how we would blow our budget on what would probably be a one day trip. However, nothing could sway me from this idea, and I tried really hard to pound the idea into him. Unfortunately, he is just as stubborn as I am, so that didn't really go anywhere. 

We finally settled on the idea of going on Spring Break with another couple. So, the four of us sat down and started brainstorming. My genius idea was to go to the Keys. I have always wanted to go, so I selfishly suggested it (oops). We settled on a cute little hotel on the water, and we made plans to book the rooms this week.

Today, I got a text from our friend with a picture of Margaritaville Beach Hotel and the suggestion to go there for Spring Break instead. As I was reading this text, I was not privy to the fact that this was the Margaritaville, and I thought it was cute that they named this hotel after Jimmy Buffet's song. I proceeded to search the place on my phone, and the first line in the description was "Official website of Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville Beach Hotel." 

If you've read my 101 in 1001, then you know that my number 73. is to drink a margarita at Margaritaville. I just wanted a drink, but now someone was suggesting that I stay four nights in Margaritaville!!!!
You might be able to guess my reaction, but inside I was jumping up and down and screaming.
Seriously, the idea of staying here made me lose my mind for a second.

Needless to say, I sent a flurry of text messages in all caps saying things along the lines of "BOOK IT NOW."

So, now I am extremely happy to say that I am staying for four nights in Margaritaville, on the Gulf Coast, with my margarita in hand.

Now, please scroll and contain your jealousy:





If you want to book this place for your trip or spring break, go here.

Where are y'all going for your spring break trip?

Best,
Sarah



follow proper in pearls.


No comments:

Post a Comment