Sunday, February 17, 2013

dinnerware.

Relatively soon, I will be moving to my big girl life. And one day, I will be living with Boy and Dog. However, we have a minor problem: Boy and I have completely different decor styles.

Right now, my bedroom is decorated in the shabby-chic, vintage kind of look. My dream look is kind of modern classic look mixed with some old school pieces such as a modern kitchen surrounding a farmhouse sink. Boy's style is straight modern. We are talking steel, clean lines, etc. I don't know how I feel about that, but I took on the challenge of combining our two styles. I have settled on executing an overall modern look with girly and vintage touches. I think I can convince him to do it.

Something that I think would best showcase how I want the girly pieces to be thrown in is in dinnerware. While we might be sitting at a modern table, our dinnerware should be beautiful. So I have found a some options from a few places in order to get a head start on planning!


clockwise from top left:

Better Homes and Gardens Simply Fluted /  Walmart

Murano Cream /  Crate & Barrel

Threshold Scalloped /  Target

Pillivuyt Queen Anne Porcelain /  Williams-Sonoma


Obviously, I have a bit of a preference for the scalloped edges on plates! I cannot wait to actually decorate my first apartment. It is scary, yet exciting.

What kind of style do you want to decorate your first apartment in?
Best, 
Sarah


follow proper in pearls.

No comments:

Post a Comment