Saturday, February 16, 2013

Daydreams.

So, I have definitely been slacking on blog posts. Life is hectic. From grad school applications to holidays to illness, my life has been crazy! But one thing I know for sure is that I have definitely had spring break on my mind. I am hitting the gym like a mad woman, and I am constantly thinking of all of the fun things we will be doing. I feel like such a little kid.

A bothersome thing that has pricked my mind about spring break is the makeup situation. I think that I look totally weird without makeup. It isn't that I wear a lot, it's just the little that I add really plays up my features. I don't want spring break to be any different, but I definitely don't want to head to the beach with a face full of make up. Thus, I have created my own concoction of spring break makeup essentials that I am going to add to my makeup collection over the next few months.
Clinique High Impact Waterproof Mascara / $16
If I go to the beach, that means I play in the water, and no one wants to look like they have been sobbing on a fun vacation! I love waterproof mascara for the beach and not much else, so it has been missing from my makeup bag for some time. It is definitely necessary for a time like this!

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream / $12
This cream is advertised as an 8-in-1 makeup dream. Part tinted moisturizer, part skin primer, and part sunblock, this cream is the perfect addition to any makeup routine. I plan on wearing it alone when I am at the beach to make sure I don't get early wrinkles and to make sure I look as flawless as I can. I mean, who hasn't wanted to look like a Baywatch babe on the beach before?

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Pink Blossom / $6.99
I am addicted to Burt's Bees; it's true. I refuse to use any other lip balm. But the tinted lip balm is perfect for two things: lip care and cheek color. While you might be thinking "cheek color? really?" I really mean it, and it will be a beautiful sheer color that doesn't wash off too easily. People use cream blush all the time, and this is an unconventional, easy version of it.

I am so excited for my trip. Can't you tell? Are there any beach or vacation makeup products that you swear by?

Best, Sarah


follow proper in pearls.
twitter  /  pinterest  


No comments:

Post a Comment